News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: WIKI updated....  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
WIKI updated....
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
Many thanks to bobloblah (who continues to add updates and details)

The wiki has a big chunk of content now!

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: WIKI updated....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
Thanks, Kindred. I've spent a lot of time trying to lay out a framework, and a bit of content. Kindred has helped with that, too, particularly with questions I've had on how to accomplish certain things. I hope other members find the time to contribute, even if it's just little bits here and there. I'll keep working on it as much as I can.

There are also a couple of things I would ask. First, if you're going to make formatting changes, please try to change them everywhere that particular formatting occurs. I've spent a lot of time trying to make things consistent. Second, if you get a chance, take a look at the Machine Nightmare and the U.N.E. Commando Heavy Weapon Trooper. I've combined units when they are really the same unit with a different weapon (this happens a lot with the Machines). Two different layouts I'm considering for this are under the aforementioned Nightmare and Commando. I'd like feedback on which layout is better (or if you can think of a better one). I'd also like feedback on what units should be combined for the U.N.E....in theory, all Commandos could re-direct to the same page, laid out like either the Nightmare or Heavy Weapon Commando. Let me know...
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »
Okay, I am currently meandering along adding basic entries to the Wiki. I will come back and edit those to reflect better formatting, but first:

I am not copying text from the rules. Should I be? I think "no" as I hope to be contributing a bit of bonus colour and not just copypasting someone else's fine work.

I am providing basically in-fiction descriptions with limited commentary, in my own words. Should I:

- continue as I am
- and/or publish the ingame stats or rules
- stop talking as I am annoying everyone.

This is something we can refine as we go, I'm just requesting some input before i put in the serious work. Which is formatting. Which I hate.

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
ok, apart from formatting :P
let's take the negasphere entry

The Negasphere Generator creates a large sphere of negative energy and then pushes it forwards. The exotic energy then proceeds at a sometimes leisurely pace, crawling and clawing along solid surfaces and even around corners until its weird momentum is interrupted, or it simply vanishes. If it intersects with a relatively small discreet quantity of ordinary matter (a door or a suit of PBA, or other valid target), it interacts with it before vanishing. The interaction is usually quite unnerving and often results in destruction, death or dismemberment.

I like it... I like the color and description - and no, I don't think we need specific stat-lines
However, I think that this should be presented in two sections/paragraphs...
what you've done above and a description of game effects in addition to the color description