News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: Leadership Rules Clarification  (Read 796 times)

Offline jamz

• Gremlin
Leadership Rules Clarification
« on: April 16, 2022, 04:55:09 AM »
Hey there! First post for me, nice to be here! I recently played LoS for the first time after hearing many good things in the internet about it, I am really enthusiastic about the game! The rules, the setting, all looks GREAT!

Now regarding my question, I was playing the first game with my son, he chose the machines, I got the UNEs Commandos. In one turn his machines went first, I was going second. In my phase I allocated Leadership an positioned my units so that they could react if the machine player would attack in the following phase (if they got initiative then). We ended the turn and started the next. This is when I wondered: I didn't spend Leadership yet and could use it for my initiative roll to go first. But if I lost the roll anyway, the machines could go first and I wouldn't have Leadership left, as I would regain it in my phase, right? So maybe the safe way would be to not use Leadership from the last round, so that if the machines start, I could still use it. Then in my phase I would regain Leadership (and could use it even again – two times in one turn). Am I understanding it correctly?