News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: V is for Victory  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
V is for Victory
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »
I am referring to Planetstorm pages 175-176.

What we did was make victory determination a function of the value of figures you eliminated compared to how many you lost, with certain modifications.

Basically, you take the UPV of all your kills, subtract the UPVs of Kills taken, and divide  by the Selected UPV, expressed as a percentage.

The first thing is to look at re-jiggering the levels of victory as described in the bottom corner of page 175.  It's a judgment call as to what differentiates a marginal victory from a tactical victory.

More interesting is the chart I came up with that appears on page 176.  It is pure fluff in that it has no effect on the game other than to create a narrative for players to discuss later.

The comparison is to add your victory point and your opponent's victory point and then divide by the selected UPV

What you will notice is that several of the cells are blank.  I passed this to Marco willl my indication that getting a marginal victory while losing almost all your guys is bascially a Pyhriric victory.

So there are three questions:

1) should the levels of victory be revisited or do they work well?
2) For the fluff bit, does the breakdown make sense?
3) What descriptions can we put in the empty cells?