rubber-police

Author Topic: Credit where credit is due.  (Read 9593 times)

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: Credit where credit is due.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
LOL - I had never heard of the x-game, I am guessing it never made it past conceptual stage?

I'm pretty sure it was released; I've seen a copy for sale at Noble Knight.

And, **** the X-Game.  **** it right up it's paranormal ass!

Don't sugar-coat it - tell us how you really feel!
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Nukelavee

• Nightmare
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »
Oh, no.  It was released.  It's problem was it was "created" by somebody else, and Global produced it.

The creator had a syndicated radio show about teh paranormal, and contacts in stores...so, basically, all teh work was "done", we just had to produce and get teh product to his outlets.

In reality, he handed over a steaming pile of crap, and tried to pin the issues om Global.

btw - I have, in my possession, Stormtrooper figs from "our" Star Wars line. 

Yeah, one of the worst moments of my life, leaving the floor at Origins that year, where we had the masters and basic rules on display, after seeing the huge response...and the first thing we hear in the bar is "Holy crap, West End just folded today".

And then Lucas decided to hold off on game licenses.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »
Apparently, Marco had lined up something like $2 million in sales.

Offline bobloblah

• Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 02:31:32 PM »
Holy ****! I'd heard about this before, but not those details. What a heartbreaker!
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
But not nearly as interesting as how we lost the Star Trek license. I leave it to Wes to explain that one.  ;D

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »

Yeah, one of the worst moments of my life, leaving the floor at Origins that year, where we had the masters and basic rules on display, after seeing the huge response...and the first thing we hear in the bar is "Holy crap, West End just folded today".

Yikes. Does not sound like it was a good day, lol!

Uh, actual Global Games Star Wars figures? Yes please! Show 'em if ya got 'em! Post some pics to the media gallery already - like, yesterday!!
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Nukelavee

• Nightmare
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »
Star Trek?

uh, not sure why you think i know what happened there.... :o

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

Uh, actual Global Games Star Wars figures? Yes please! Show 'em if ya got 'em! Post some pics to the media gallery already - like, yesterday!!

I actually have one of those Stormtrooper minis as well.  I also have a German rifleman from the Stalingrad game GG was working on.  Would love to know more about the development of the later as there is no mention of it in any thread here (that I have found).

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »

I actually have one of those Stormtrooper minis as well.  I also have a German rifleman from the Stalingrad game GG was working on.  Would love to know more about the development of the later as there is no mention of it in any thread here (that I have found).

I believe Marco still owns the masters for those WWII figures. If a relaunch of LoS successfully occurs, it is possible we might see those WWII figures get made as well.

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
I believe Marco still owns the masters for those WWII figures. If a relaunch of LoS successfully occurs, it is possible we might see those WWII figures get made as well.

So how far along was the rulebook (my 'pre-release' copy had alot of missing sections) and how many minis were sculpted?  The only mini I have was of said riflemen running.  Were there both Soviet and German mins sculpted?

Offline bobloblah

• Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 02:25:37 PM »
It already sounds like you know more about Stalingrad than any of us regulars here. The only people who might know more would be some of the individuals who did work directly for GG, but most of them are extremely infrequent posters.
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Dave summers

• Gremlin
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 01:23:01 PM »
I was the main sculptor on the legions of steel line(love them or hate them)just to let you know that I am still alive and sculpting.i am very excited about the re release of this game,I always thought it deserved more popularity.If you are interested in me sculpting some of the new figures just let me know,I really enjoyed working on this game.

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
I was the main sculptor on the legions of steel line(love them or hate them)just to let you know that I am still alive and sculpting.i am very excited about the re release of this game,I always thought it deserved more popularity.If you are interested in me sculpting some of the new figures just let me know,I really enjoyed working on this game.
Welcome aboard, Dave! This is great to have another one of the original people involved show up around here... Did you just happen to see a post by me over in the onelistsculpting forum earlier today?

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »
I worship the Infranite BAP, Dave. Just a classic miniature.

Offline Dave summers

• Gremlin
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
Yes I did indeed see it on 1 st sculpting,I had no idea it was being revived Grendel.and thanks for the support for the bap,of course it was all down to the design 2 d guys.Also if anyone was wondering I think I know where the master molds may be located.as an aside the unseen hunter guy is still owned by me as I was never paid for that piece.