Author Topic: Hello, I'm back and hope others are out there  (Read 4007 times)

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: Hello, I'm back and hope others are out there
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
Great news!
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Charles Marlow

• Nightmare
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 09:39:55 PM »
Hello, folks! I'm an excited new member of your forum. I'm very happy to have discovered a LoS forum that's active. I've recently purchased a "new" old stock horde of LoS products from The Sentry Box a game store located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I was lucky enough to get Rules of Engagement, Advanced Rules, Scenario Pack 1, Junction Point, and Template Pack numbers 1-5. I didn't get any miniatures. In-all-fairness, I've plenty of miniatures around that I could use as power armoured marines or machines but I'm going to use some counters that I downloaded from BoardGameGeek and I'm making some additional counters using the artwork from Rules of Engagement. So, yeah, LoS is one of those games I'd always wished I'd been able to play but didn't. I'm really stoked to have the chance to pour over my newly acquired LoS stuff and be able to post on your forum. I'm planning on reading Rules of Engagement over the next few evenings and, hopefully, play on this coming Sunday? I do a lot of solo gaming as I'm living in a small town located on Vancouver Island off the west coast of British Columbia, Canada. I do have a good friend from "back-in-the-day" who lives in a small city located to the north of my location, so, occasionally, I do have a companion in my various gaming pursuits. Anyway, cool, I'm really excited that I'll, hopefully, be able to communicate with other LoS enthusiasts on the forum. I'm sorry if I've somehow hijacked this thread?! I'm so new that I haven't figured-out how to post a new topic, yet!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:42:39 PM by Charles Marlow »

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 09:49:34 AM »
Hello, folks! I'm an excited new member of your forum. ...

Greetings!

New LoS players are always a welcome sight.  Once you grapple with the basic rules, please try my new demo scenarios I posted last week.  The plan is to hopefully create a small intro/demo set to get people hooked, and you would be a perfect candidate to try them out to get a new player's perspective.

Offline Charles Marlow

• Nightmare
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
Hello, Karpov! I've downloaded your two scenarios and I'd be happy to give them a try! I'm hoping to play this Sunday? I didn't think about it before but I hope that I've enough tiles? I've Template Packs 1-5? I haven't opened them, yet. Oh, I've also got Junction Point Campaign Pack 1 and the Advance Rules both of which are unopened and come with tiles as well. I'll be using counters to represent the UNE and The Machines as I don't have any LoS miniatures. It was a lot of fun making them! Actually, I've two blisters packs on their way to me from Spirit Games, UK; Massakar with Burstlance and a Massakar with Heavy Disintegrator. And, I'm watching a LoS blister pack lot on eBay; I'd like to win it! It's an assortment of models. Anyway, yeah, I'll try to post something coherent in regards to your scenarios once I've played them.

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 10:17:41 AM »
Hello, Karpov! I've downloaded your two scenarios and I'd be happy to give them a try! I'm hoping to play this Sunday? I didn't think about it before but I hope that I've enough tiles? I've Template Packs 1-5? I haven't opened them, yet.

<snip>

Anyway, yeah, I'll try to post something coherent in regards to your scenarios once I've played them.

All you need is Template Pack 1 for the scenarios I posted which is was it was essentially designed for.  To create a good balance of experience and fun, I reduced the original boxed set to what I think a starter boxed would look like.  Basically half the minis and half the tiles (which is equal to ONE Template Pack #1).

In the real world, my thought was to have the 2 scenario maps printed on a double-sided poster for the starter set.  The starter set would include 10 minis (4 UNE, 6 Machines), 1 book (rules, scenarios, counters), and 1 map (double-sided map)...my suggestion/vision of course, not Marco's.  A re-release of the 'black' box would/could follow that up via KS or straight to retail.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the scenarios.  Balance and fun are key.

Offline Charles Marlow

• Nightmare
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 07:25:04 PM »
Thanks, Karpov! I've read the rules and made a tonne of counters & both activities were a lot of fun. I haven't played your scenario, yet; I've read it; I love it & I'm looking forward to playing it! I went a-little-bit-OCD-collector & decided to order an open copy of LoS 2e from Nobel Knight Games to play my first game; it's complete and appears to be in great shape! It should arrive next week by Thursday? Maybe, Wednesday? So, my new plan is to, hopefully, play on either of those two days... I think your ideas in regards to size and format of a LoS starter box are excellent.