Author Topic: Paint Preferences  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
Re: Paint Preferences
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
I am now teaching grade 12 business students and I always tell them the story of the Color Drop System.  Marco sources a bunch of paints and passed them on to Tom and Wes to test for their approval.  They came back to us with the ones they liked and we went with that.  If I recall, most were nothing more or less than interior latex paints.  The business model was dead-stupid: we bought it by the gallon and sold it by the ounce and made a profit.

Since I no longer have a horse in this race, maybe Tom or Wes can comment on the Color Drop paints.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 07:08:59 AM »
Like I said earlier, I once used a pot of interior latex specifically for its physical properties....  it didn't cover well and it did go on very smoothly. This let me layer-up white; the miniatures paints I had at the time were chalky and covered unevenly, as well as making physically uneven layers.

I have looked at interior latex paints by the conventional 1-2 litre pot, but they cost too much per single colour and don't come by mail order...

Offline SgtHulka

• Predator
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
I am now teaching grade 12 business students and I always tell them the story of the Color Drop System.  Marco sources a bunch of paints and passed them on to Tom and Wes to test for their approval.  They came back to us with the ones they liked and we went with that.  If I recall, most were nothing more or less than interior latex paints.  The business model was dead-stupid: we bought it by the gallon and sold it by the ounce and made a profit.

And we're the dumb jerks who bought it.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
Only if you used it to paint your Pet Rock.

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »
lol...  actually, that might explain what I noticed if/when the paint pealed off of models.  In several cases, it definitely peeled off like latex.