Author Topic: How does it fit through the door?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline BigFatGuy

• Nightmare
How does it fit through the door?
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:08:35 AM »
in learning how to play the game, my wife figured the Mark 1, stationary behind a door, guarding the computer, might be a good defensive tactic.

As it turns out, in opening the door, thanks to some bad dice rolls, she took out two commandos and shut the door on me again.

I found it hilarious that the Mark 1 is much bigger than the door. in case you wondered what the commandos saw:

Offline EarthdogMP

• Overlord
Re: How does it fit through the door?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:04:48 AM »
LOL, we are making bigger doors for the 2nd Edition.

Offline BigFatGuy

• Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 12:08:01 AM »
I don't know... I think the Mark I works better when it's bigger than life. :-)

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »
I had a similarly funny experience this weekend at the con I took in.  I ran demo games on Friday and Saturday, and the moment occurred during the Friday game.  Commando player was down to the last trooper, and the Fiend got behind him in a doorway, only to roll snake-eyes in HtH with Trident.  Didn't much matter as the Machines won Initiative the following turn and rolled a 5 and 6 to finish the deal, but for that fleeting moment it caused quite a laugh.

"How the h*** down a machine the size of small car miss a target standing with his back to him in a small doorway?!?"

EDIT:  Well, I'd love to show you the pic, and others I took, but I keep getting an error when trying to attach it.  Guess I won't be sharing the fun had this weekend:-(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:39:05 AM by Karpov »

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 05:17:10 AM »
The mundane answer is that the ground scale is roughly 1/72nd while the figure scale is closer to 1/48th. The doors match the ground scale rather than the miniature scale so the latter look time-and-a-half larger comparatively. 

Offline BigFatGuy

• Nightmare
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 12:19:20 AM »
Just to be clear, i'm not complaining. ;-)

Offline EarthdogMP

• Overlord
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 02:15:11 PM »
The mundane answer is that the ground scale is roughly 1/72nd while the figure scale is closer to 1/48th. The doors match the ground scale rather than the miniature scale so the latter look time-and-a-half larger comparatively.

clark, please email me when you get a chance. thanks Marco