rubber-police

Author Topic: Machine Gunpods  (Read 1432 times)

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Machine Gunpods
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
Apologies if someone else has already posted something similar and I've missed it. I was inspired to write up a scenario last weekend while at work.

I work as an Industrial Electrician in a steel mill, [lotsa things come to mind for LoS there, lol]  and I was thinking about the production facility areas of Machine complexes. It occurred to me that maybe they would have some added defences built into those areas besides 'wall rockets'. Like gunpods, mounted on overhead cranes. I'm thinking they are little automated turrets with deadbolt launchers [not carbines] on them. Below is a write up I did for a scenario under the special rules section for it. It is specific to the scenario I wrote, a general rules write-up would need some editing. I was estimating that a pair of crane mounted gunpods would be worth roughly 50 UPV.

Gunpods:
All gunpods can only move in the squares along the edges of the main corridor on the map, and may only move as pairs of two, one per side of the main corridor. Gunpod pairs may not cross the path of another gunpod pair, as they are meant to be attached to overhead cranes that bridge across the width of the corridor.
Gunpods can individually fire at separate targets. They have a 180 degree firing arc and do not use movement points to change direction for firing. They cannot fire down a corridor behind their position, but can fire up to 2 squares down a corridor on the opposite wall. They have a general modifier of +2, a movement rate of 5 [‘run’ speed of 10] and use deadbolt launcher stats for range & target numbers. If one is destroyed the opposite paired gun remains functioning as per normal and still cannot cross paths with other gunpods.
They are also considered at a minimum range of 6 for all targeting purposes [including their own], and cannot be blocked by forcewalls or attacked with k-pulse grenades to simulate their height from the floor. Obstacles on the map do not obstruct LOF or LOS to or from a gunpod. A figure can occupy the same square as a gunpod. This is still considered to be at a range of 6, and the figure can still be fired upon by the gunpod.

Comments are welcome.
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
Re: Machine Gunpods
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »
Have this be one of the new changes that all LoS groups start using after Planetstorm.

Why?

Because the Matrix Entity saw the use of the UNE DDX 17A Smart Mine and took it one step further.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Re: Machine Gunpods
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
Have this be one of the new changes that all LoS groups start using after Planetstorm.

Why?

Because the Matrix Entity saw the use of the UNE DDX 17A Smart Mine and took it one step further.

Dave Chase

Cool idea. The Matrix Entity only ever gets any of its ideas from those it tries to conquer...
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich