rubber-police

News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: Anyone ever play Junction Point to the end?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline SgtHulka

• Predator
Anyone ever play Junction Point to the end?
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:03 PM »
Just curious.

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
Re: Anyone ever play Junction Point to the end?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
Once.

At the local store (local back then :) ), we did use the campaign rules several times though.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:56:32 PM »
Ok, I could not find all my notes and being that this was played 15+ years ago (or so).

We did it with 4 individuals. The idea was that each part of the scenario would be run twice.
The first player would play their race and the second would play the machines.
Then switch, second player would play their race and the first player would play the machines.
Next level, second player would play their race and the first player would play the machines
then switch again.
Repeat this until the entire thing was done.

My partner was playing Fantasian Pirates, I was playing straight UNE
The other team was Infranites and Black Empire.

Me and my partner finished. I got the Angel out but lost most of the force (was doing OK until the last 2 levels)
My partner didn't get the Angel out alive but did kill all the machines. We played with 3000 pts

The other team quit before they got through the 4th level. They got tired of the record keeping.

What hurt me at the last was the loss of EW. I didn't roll as well for EW points and by the time I did, it didn't matter, cause the Machines were well established and could see most bogeys.

Lots of Commando's and Commando Scouts. Assualt team for the 1B part and used as hold backs for level 4 and 5.

I don't remember much more. But given time, I wouldn't mind trying again. After of course I play out some of the earlier scenarios to get the edge back. ;)

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
I think we did, but I can't recall getting to the end very clearly - I loved the idea of carrying over forces, with the active/repair pools & gaining experience. I'd love to see a new campaign like that one.
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline sergeant_hastp

• Succubot
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
If by 'we' you meant you and I....then the answer is no.  I ended up dominating you and your machines to a point where you, in your human-computer calculations, determined that the probabilities for success were too sparse to make the effort worthwhile for the final game.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
If by 'we' you meant you and I....then the answer is no.  I ended up dominating you and your machines to a point where you, in your human-computer calculations, determined that the probabilities for success were too sparse to make the effort worthwhile for the final game.

Lol - yes I was referring to our attempt!

I was looking at the scenarios in the book the other day and I also found a sheet with my forces for the campaign. You had completely eliminated my Assault Horde [3 Assault Fiends & 8 Predators!!], half of my External Security Horde, all but the G1B Nightmare in my Command pack and half of a custom unit that had 2 Stalkers, a Succubot, a MKII Fiend, a G1B & a G1C Nightmare. Out of 33 figures, i had 9 left at what ever point The Machine, er, 'withdrew' from the engagement...
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline sergeant_hastp

• Succubot
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 01:36:08 AM »
GLORIOUS!!!

Earth dogs die hard!