Author Topic: Possible new Machine figures and reason for them  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
Possible new Machine figures and reason for them
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »
I have been thinking about the Matrix (Machine not the movie) and how it and the Overlord Omega Classes have changed and grown.

With the limited Success of Planetstorm and some other engagements the Machines have (are) attempting a new tactic to start new fronts (bases).

They have scout ships that are made out of asteriods. These small asteriods are clustered around a large FTL ship that moves quietly as possible between solar systems.

It deposits a few(4 to 6) of the asteriod scout ships in to the solar systems asteriod belt and then moves on.

A few  of the asteriod ships are monitor like ships that listen, record and decipher. A couple of them are landers, one use ships that place the new (and a few old) style Machine units on the ground of target world. And one of the asteriod ships is a engineer/manufacturer ship. It only contains limited capability to produce anything and is only activited once it is determined that the Machines do want to set up permament shop in the solar system as an advance startup base to speed the process along for re-enforcements.

There is another long term object to these patient scout ships, When the Matrix and Omega Overlords decide to launch their new galaxy wide assualt, these expendable ships will attack their system to help confuse the LOA into thing that the Machines are every where. This idea was taking from the Mind Vault (s?) because it was one item that the Matrix noted that all alien races were fearful of being surrounded and surprise.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline Nukelavee

• Nightmare
Re: Possible new Machine figures and reason for them
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
I actually have a concept kicking around for a "new" Assault Fiend - basically, an "internal" security or "political" model.

ie - one of its tasks is to either eliminate or "re-indoctrinate" rogue machine units.  It can also serve as a command unit for larger or more complex operations.

Based on the art, it carries an emp cannon type,  a protoplasmic lacerator, and has the ability to "jack" up to 4 machine/PBA units.

And, because Clark is right about the common characteristic of my designs...it looks and IS fast, heehee.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
The Machine experiments to go beyond the limitations of conventional AI lead to the development of the Omega Fiends and others, but the side effect was that Fiends would go rogue and some would actually fight against the Machine forces. They were termed Heretics and in some cases contact was made with them. A clutch of Special Operations Group units actually have Heretics as members who fight along side Humans, Infranites, Privateers, Tozai and others.

Offline SgtHulka

• Predator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »
The Machine experiments to go beyond the limitations of conventional AI lead to the development of the Omega Fiends and others, but the side effect was that Fiends would go rogue and some would actually fight against the Machine forces. They were termed Heretics and in some cases contact was made with them. A clutch of Special Operations Group units actually have Heretics as members who fight along side Humans, Infranites, Privateers, Tozai and others.

That's rad. I'm suddenly having visions of a Heavy Metal style group of fantasian privateers led by a beatnick Mark IA1 heretic who's somehow convinced himself he's addicted to sugar.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »
SOG is a UNE creation so you will always have at least one human per unit but you coyld have a whack of privateers topped off with a Mark 1A1. They would generally fight against Fantasian forces or the Legions of Steel.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
I actually have a concept kicking around for a "new" Assault Fiend - basically, an "internal" security or "political" model.

ie - one of its tasks is to either eliminate or "re-indoctrinate" rogue machine units.  It can also serve as a command unit for larger or more complex operations.

Based on the art, it carries an emp cannon type,  a protoplasmic lacerator, and has the ability to "jack" up to 4 machine/PBA units.

And, because Clark is right about the common characteristic of my designs...it looks and IS fast, heehee.

This figure needs to get made, it sounds cool! Can we see the concept art at least? I'd also love to see some actual 'Omega Fiend' figs get produced too.
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Nukelavee

• Nightmare
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
i'm fairly certain i at least have a file of it somewhere...if i find the CD, i'll post it.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:50:03 PM »
Wes, in terms of capabilities if not looks, it sounds lime you are talking about a sort of Terminatrix.

The Omega Fiends were simply the standard designs that were self aware and endowed with creativity, intuition and free choice so there were no new figures envisioned but rather it was all about the paint job and the soft stats like morale, leadership, personality and such.

The new Machine figs that had been referred to were out of Stormfront drafts: cyborgs, kong (colossus), jaugernaunt ( vehicle), and screamers (one kill flying deadbolt launchers).