rubber-police

Author Topic: CONVENTIONS - A call out for players to run games  (Read 2034 times)

Offline EarthdogMP

• Overlord
CONVENTIONS - A call out for players to run games
« on: August 09, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »
Hi Everyone,

This is an official call out for players to run games at local cons and events. I am almost finished with the tutorial scenarios but want to get started on lining up cons and events. I will also set up a loose format for running the games but I am very open to suggestions and input.

Lets start drafting a timetable and we can go from there. You can reply here or email me directly at rayboxgames@gmail.com

thanks and cheers.

Marco

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
Re: CONVENTIONS - A call out for players to run games
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:52 AM »
Hi Everyone,

This is an official call out for players to run games at local cons and events. I am almost finished with the tutorial scenarios but want to get started on lining up cons and events. I will also set up a loose format for running the games but I am very open to suggestions and input.

Lets start drafting a timetable and we can go from there. You can reply here or email me directly at rayboxgames@gmail.com

thanks and cheers.

Marco

As mentioned previously, I will be running games of Legions of Steel and hopefully Stalingrad at Fall In! on November 15-17 in Valley Forge, PA.  If anybody here is planning on attending this event, please contact me and maybe you can assist and/or partake in the fun.

Offline EarthdogMP

• Overlord
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:09:09 PM »
[
As mentioned previously, I will be running games of Legions of Steel and hopefully Stalingrad at Fall In! on November 15-17 in Valley Forge, PA.  If anybody here is planning on attending this event, please contact me and maybe you can assist and/or partake in the fun.
[/quote]
Thanks Karpov.

I am planning on spinning some G1 Nightmares for giveaways at cons to players who participate in the games. Also, I feel GMs like yourself should be part of reward program. Any thoughts on this from everyone would be appreciated.

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
I am planning on spinning some G1 Nightmares for giveaways at cons to players who participate in the games. Also, I feel GMs like yourself should be part of reward program. Any thoughts on this from everyone would be appreciated.

I think the free Nightmare in a small ziplock baggy with product card is a great idea.  Swag of any sort is always welcome among players.  If they don't want/need it, it usually gets into another set of hands which in effect doubles exposure.

As for reward program, I find it hard to say no;-)  ...but, I leave that up to you to decide.

I guess at a minimum, the GM needs materials, so maybe the demo set to start.  After that maybe you can offer 'credit' points per game run that can be traded in for stuff.  I would like to think people WON'T take advantage of you, but this way it's minimized if they show proof of running games.  The ones that try, win, the ones that don't try...don't care.

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
As promised, I have 4 games scheduled to run at PA's third HMGS convention aptly named Fall In! this November 15-17.  I will be running one Legions of Steel game and one Stalingrad game on Friday and Saturday (2PM and 6PM respectively).  The info submitted is below (the 2nd Stalingrad game is the same as the first):

FRIDAY

Title
Legions of Steel Boardgame Demo Scenario #1

Description
It's been over 10 years since the Machines disappeared.  The legions of steel have faded away; all aggression stopped.  The League of Aliens has thrived during this uneasy time of peace.  Worlds rebuilt, militaries re-armed, and life renewed...but the Nightmares have returned!

LEGIONS OF STEEL board game is back!  DEMO the NEW intro Scenario #1 – RECON, from the upcoming re-release of the game. 

Comments
Rules taught.  All ages.  PRIZES!

Title
Stalingrad – Tactical Combat Simulations Demo Game

Description
Considered to be one of the greatest battles of the Great Patriotic War, with many who consider it to be the greatest battle of World War 2. It stopped the German advance into the Soviet Union and marked the turning of the tide of war in favor of the Allies.  It was an infantryman’s battle…man-to man, hand-to hand.

From the makers of the popular Legions of Steel board game, play a DEMO from the upcoming release of the man-to-man skirmish game set during the battle for Stalingrad. 

Comments

SATURDAY

Title
Legions of Steel Boardgame Demo Scenario #2

Description
It's been over 10 years since the Machines disappeared.  The legions of steel have faded away; all aggression stopped.  The League of Aliens has thrived during this uneasy time of peace.  Worlds rebuilt, militaries re-armed, and life renewed...but the Nightmares have returned!

LEGIONS OF STEEL board game is back!  DEMO the NEW intro Scenario #2 – ESCAPE, from the upcoming re-release of the game. 

Comments

Spread the word if you have any friends that are in the northeast United States that may visit these cons (and this one in particular).  I'll post pictures when I return of course ;)

Offline EarthdogMP

• Overlord
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
As promised, I have 4 games scheduled to run at PA's third HMGS convention aptly named Fall In! this November 15-17.  I will be running one Legions of Steel game and one Stalingrad game on Friday and Saturday (2PM and 6PM respectively).  The info submitted is below (the 2nd Stalingrad game is the same as the first):

Looks great, I will send out a notification on Reddit as well.

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 10:49:19 AM »
Looks great, I will send out a notification on Reddit as well.

I would wait until I get confirmation of the time slots...or at least add that caveat to your post.  I don't see them having an issue with providing requested times, but it's always a possibility if those slots are premium.

FYI, see my emails requiring needed responses, thanks!

Offline Karpov

• Nightmare
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:57:38 AM »
I will be running games again at Cold Wars 2020, mid-March.

I will do the same set-up I had for Stalingrad (pictures forthcoming).

I'm gong to change things up for LoS though.  I will run BOTH starter scenarios in the first time slot (they moved quick enough last convention that I ended up doing something similar), but I want to do a combined LoA v Machines for the second.  I will look through some old/current scenarios to use or base it on (IIRC there was a similar scenario in the Inferno magazine?).  Was planning on 1 small unit per race, and a large Machine force to counter it.  This is to show off more of the minis.

Do you have all of the base game tiles redone graphically so I can make a single poster map?