rubber-police

Author Topic: Question for Clark about rule posting (and Kindred the Admin)  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
Question for Clark about rule posting (and Kindred the Admin)
« on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
Would it be OK to post small, limited amounts of the Planetstorm (or LOS) rules so that we may have discussions about them?
And only those rules that the thread is about. I don't want to post the entire book or pages worth of the rules in a thread.

I ask for 3 reasons
1)  being polite
2)  that way, one does not have to search through their books for the part(s) being discussed
3)  if we attract new players or players who do not own those particular rules, they can still be involved in the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: Question for Clark about rule posting (and Kindred the Admin)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
I have no real opinion, one way or the other. I leave that decision to Clark, as the copyright holder.

one thing I have used as a rule on other forums is that limited quotes can be used in a discussion but must be correctly referenced and attributed (i.e. Planetstorm p22)
Stat lines should never been specifically needed.

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »
I am a strong supporter of IP and copyright owners rights.

I know by law how much I could publish (print) in a forum but, I would rather ask premission instead of assuming.

It's not worth the heartache of assuming it is OK versus just asking politely and getting a yes or no answer. :)

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »
Kindred and I have struck a deal that we will announce shortly. I have no problem with excerpts of rules being posted, subject to that agreement. I will be uploading a pile of material this weekend that can be downloaded, copied and distributed for personal (non-commercial) use.