rubber-police

News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: Tiles/Movement Question.  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
Tiles/Movement Question.
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
Zephyr1 asked this on TMP and I can't find it in any of the rules available on this site and I haven't gotten around to digging out by Blue Box Rulebook.

(Not having a copy of the rules for this gameā€¦)
I've noticed that the edges of the tiles are half spaces. Not a problem when two halves are placed together (which make one space.) Do the rules explain what happens with a half space up against a solid wall section? (Like for movement and shooting.) I'm assuming the half space is treated as a full space (though it might get crowded actually trying to place a miniature on it. ;-)
Thanks for any info!

Thanks!

Offline Warchariot

• Nightmare
  • ~Good Cheer to All~
Re: Tiles/Movement Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
The rules for half squares are found in the scenario book (Black Box) on pages 4-5. They state that figures may not set up on half squares (p.4). On page 5 it goes on to say:

"Half squares are only useable by a figure which is entering the board. A figure must pay movement point(s) when entering the board on to a half square. If the player is exiting the board with a figure no movement point(s) are spent to move off of a half square, the figure is considered off the board when it moves on to it."

So half squares are unplayable except to move onto the board. In most set-ups (all?), the half squares are at entrance points/rooms. We treat the entrance rooms as if these other half squares (see Quarterback Sneak room at top of set-up) are walls because page 5 goes on to say:

"Figures can not move off the board unless exiting the board through an appropriate exit point as defined in the scenario. A figure moving off the board through an exit point cannot return at a later time."

So since you cannot use a half square except to move onto the board and cannot exit except at defined points, in which half squares do not count for movement, half squares in rooms are unplayable.

Larry
Cheyenne, WY

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
Re: Tiles/Movement Question.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »
Thanks!!
That's kind of what we thought.