rubber-police

Author Topic: Thunder Lance  (Read 1765 times)

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Thunder Lance
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
Another q from my game yesterday... I used a MKII Assault Fiend for the first time in a long time... when it came down to shooting with him, I had a hard time tracking down HOW to use that Thunder Lance!!!

It isn't listed in the Junction Point Weapon table for the Machine, which sucked [JP is my go-to book for weapon quick reference], and the description of it in Advanced Rules [p.25] seems incomplete, but only because I didn't know where to find rules on EMP weapons. It took me awhile to track them down on p36 of the Advanced Rules [just a rusty player, is all].

Got that sorted, but they really should be easier to find! Two questions arise though;

1] Since the Lance has a rate of fire of 2, could you make a single die roll to check for effect, and then make the second die roll as a 'further EMP effect roll', thus adding an immediate +2 modifier to the second roll if the first one resulted in a Stun?

2] Just to be clear, the lance is not a 'cone' weapon like the EMP Projector, it only targets one figure at a time [2 if spread firing]?
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: Thunder Lance
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:01 AM »
I'd tend to assume you were right in both cases.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Re: Thunder Lance
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »
Perfect - that makes the Thunder Lance a bit more deadly then, as A] don't have to worry about hitting your own figures within the front arc of fire like with the EMP weapon, and B] the second dice makes it possible to eliminate a figure easily with the extra +2 to the emp effect on the second d6 roll. SWEET! :)

I actually rarely use the MKII because it never felt worth the points...
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich