News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: More updated art?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline eypyeash

• Gremlin
More updated art?
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:13:20 AM »
Hmm... I assume this is a bit the wrong place to be posting this business, but I'd be curious how to get involved in any art-related aspects of this 3rd edition, if there's even still time, or really, any future projects for this awesome franchise. Have "updates" to figures and general visual aspect of the game been discussed elsewhere on the boards? There's not much in the way of minis. I know I've seen a fantastic Commando update, so figure someone out there is working on something similar, but collaboration is sometimes key so as to not step on anyone's toes and set goals, blah blah blah.

I've done up a number of sketches to lay out my personal guidelines for resculpting the figures, machines first, and don't know if they'd be of any use to anyone or if it'd even be up for consideration. Some of the more "extreme" looking weaponry was toned down, especially blades with "super sweet tribal designs". Less random bits and bobs on weapons in favor of a bit more techno-organic approach. Problem with all this is, I'm a military man currently deployed and have no real access to my Wacom tablet, just a low-quality scanner and a lot of thumbnails. But if there's any interest out there, I'll post what I can. And anyone who has some ideas but lacks an outlet, I'd love to hear what you've got in mind.

You can see a few random sketches (nothing LoS related, nothing finished) here:
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/HyoomanCrush00r/Sketches%20-%202009%20to%202011/
and here:
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/HyoomanCrush00r/Sketchies/

Anyway, if anyone wants to kick some things at me, gimme a shout!

Edit: 2/12/2012 - This link will take you to a Photobucket where I've started dropping some of my LoS sketches, including a second draft of a G1 Nightmare, minus a leg and with only sporadic shading. These are all by-hand and in varying sizes. The Assault Fiend MKIII, for example, is about two inches tall on the paper. In all cases the pictures were taken with an iPod as opposed to being scanned. Hooray for quality! Feedback, please, more on the redesign than the actual talent (I promise I'm not that impressive). Unless there's a mass wave of updated minis being produced shortly (next six months), I'll probably be sculpting my own for personal use based on these and slowly retire my official figures to storage as I go.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/HyoomanCrush00r/Sketchies/LoS%20Sketches/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:37:14 AM by eypyeash »

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: More updated art?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:12:16 PM »
Just had a look. Nice work! Your style seems a bit chunkier than the original art team.
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Re: More updated art?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
Hey man, welcome to the forum!! I like your stuff, but would really like to see more finished work.

I just now spotted a new pic posted by Clark in the artwork section of the Media category back in January, looks like he's got someone lined up to do some pretty awesome updated designs... I'm almost a tad jealous [being an artist myself], but it looks so good I can't wait to see more of it.
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich