rubber-police

Author Topic: LoS digital version - progress  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
LoS digital version - progress
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
Hi guys,
It’s been a long time I haven’t posted any update on the project. We are still running and have just finished conducting playtests with people we invited at the studio. We collected a lot of very interesting data about problems we suspected, and problem we had no idea about. We are now re-designing stuffs in order to tackle the issues that emerged from the tests.

Once we get a significant new iteration of the prototype we would like to carry out new playtests, this time with remote testers. If you would like to take part to the campaign please send me a message: romain.soulie at studio-nyx dot com
You can test on an Android tablet or an iPad (if iOS I’ll need your UDID number).

We recently ran the game on Dreamtronic’s hardware. Dreamtronic is another startup in Angoulême producing a big touch table. We tried to play LoS on it and loved the result. Check out the video here on Youtube. Please let us know your thoughts.

We’ve been working for months with the tiles’ green design and are a bit sick of it, so we started working on a new one. It’s called the “Foundry design”. We hope to release the game with 4 to 6 different designs. We'd like to add some animations of molten metal, but only if that doesn't ruin the performances  ;)

Have good weekend!

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: LoS digital version - progress
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
That's some pretty awesome graphics

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »
That harkens back to the later template packs that used a copper colour.

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
If you made PDF's of your tiles with a grid overlay I would scrounge up the money to buy them.
Especially if they were set up to be customizable in how they're arranged after printing.
I like the Foundry more than the Green, but I like them both.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »
Looks good; atmospheric but readable. I'll see if I have the time to help playtest. I second Brother Jim; if one of your team has the time to set up the appropriate format, etc., I would buy PDFs of these via drivethruRPG.com

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
The machine complex must have a Mark V Fiend Maid. It's very tidy! Graphics are fantastic but imo it lacks the dirty feel of the LOS Machine complex.

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »
Thanks for the update, Romain!

I really like the look of these new tiles, this colour scheme/pattern feels more in line with the original game. Glad to hear you are planning on making a few different skins for the tiles. Do you plan on making up some corridor patterns similar to the 'Copper' ones Clark mentioned above?

I'd like to see some of the odd shapes from those sets in your game - they help break up long line-of-sight corridors nicely.

I'll echo Scoutzout's comments - as great as these look, they are pretty clean. I suppose all of us old-school players are just used to the classic tiles, but it does make sense to see some damage &/or signs of wear & tear or decay, considering its a production facility. I work in a Steel Mill that produces coils from super heated hot metal slabs, and it is NOT clean in there, lol!  ;D

Count me in for playtesting - I'll contact you via email with my details.
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »
Also - love the look of that giant touch table! That is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long while, it would be really awesome to play the game on that.  8)
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 07:31:53 AM »
Thanks for the feedbacks!

We like the idea of you guys using the tiles for game sessions. I already overloaded the artists with work, so I do not want to give them additional tasks. However we could send you the tiles set, if you could take care of the photoshopping required to make them fit for print.
We’d be happy to share the tiles with you (for the sole purpose of printing LoS tiles) if you guys send us photos of the result when you play  ;). How’s the deal?

Regarding the immaculate tiles, I forgot to mention the level designer will add props in the maps: blood stains, ground factory marks, bullet and explosion impacts, etc. The plan is also to have more variety with the walls and corners. But this will be a second layer on top of the tiles, and it’s not ready.

grendeljd and clark, I do not recall the "copper" design. I need to check in my archives. Or is there any photo online you could pinpoint for me?

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
Romain,

Look in the media section of the forum:

http://los.turtleshellprod.co m/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=11

Template Packs 2, 3, and 4 used a copper colour scheme rather than the black of the boxed games.

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
I have nearly non-existent photo manipulation skills and no opponents (and I only have Infranites), but if you can send them to me I'll try to do that.

jimapplegarth at yahoo dot com

Thanks

OR you could upload them to this site's media section?

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »
And I like the clean look, it would make them useful for other games as well as LoS.

Offline wondgamb

• Gremlin
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
Ok great, I'll send you that this week Brother Jim. grendeljd has great photoshop skills as well.

Romain,

Look in the media section of the forum:

http://los.turtleshellprod.co m/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=11

Template Packs 2, 3, and 4 used a copper colour scheme rather than the black of the boxed games.
Ok now I recall seeing those tiles :)

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »
​Hi guys,
I am awfully sorry for the delay with the tiles. We will be ready to send you the set tomorrow or the day after. Camille has been updating his design, adding variety on the ground patterns and the walls. We believe the set is a lot better than what you saw earlier, so that’s the one we’ll upload.
In the meantime he created a new set which we call “the lab”. Please have a look below.
Cheers!

Offline Brother Jim

• Nightmare
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
No Worries!!  8)

I Really like "the lab"!!  ;D