rubber-police

Author Topic: Infranite Tribes and their Warriors  (Read 11658 times)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
Re: Infranite Tribes and their Warriors
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
Marco and i agreed that it was going to be a matriarch society and that the warriors would do their best to keep important women from battle, even though Everyone trains for combat.

The whole matriarchal/patriarchal thing got really twisted once I got my hands on it.  Women make up about 85% of the population and virtually all of the shamans (psychics) but men have an honoured, revered, and leadership position within the society.

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 09:47:52 PM »
I always thought African tribes were a good source of names. There is a list of 7400 names here

http://www.ezakwantu.com/Gallery%20Tribal%20Names%20-%20African%20Tribe%20Names.htm

When I was building my Infranite storyline, I named my War Leader after an adult male lion I saw on a National Geographic special
Eetwidomayloh (He who greets with fire.)

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
Well, asking the 'artist' to talk about his artwork.... floodgates open!
Marble statue, marble walls and marble stairs - kind of in style of the Roman Republic/Athenian Greece. 'Fido' is simply some sorta indigenous animal, nothing crazy, just a beast!
The statue is an Infranite, but highly stylized. The idea i had was that its an ancient culture and this 'leader' and honourguard are the newblood... hence the throne. It was not part of the original architecture except the base, the machine and empire pieces are 'trophies'.

The statue was the one thing that didn't quite fit the feel of the rest of the image to me - now that you describe it as roman/greek inspired, I would say that influence was maybe too strong? It always looked like a sculpture of a human to me, which was actually intriguing in its own right... but I love the overall look of the marble 'temple'.

I also like the concept of the 'Newblood' in front of the old, that overall concept shines through the piece, right down to the bullet holes across the stairs.  And the throne is bad-ass cool, hands down. :)
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
Clark: maybe I'm crazy but I followed the dialogue easily enough. Cool.

I'm going to add wildlife to my infranite army: Heresy Miniatures' "Hellhounds". I can't paste a link, sadly, but you can google 'em up easily enough.

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
why can't you post a link?  the link restriction is only on users with fewer than 5 posts

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/

Arfiel

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »

I'm going to add wildlife to my infranite army: Heresy Miniatures' "Hellhounds".

That seems pretty cool, they look tough enough for the infranite home world.
I would be interested to see what kind of modifiers you give them though.
An unarmoured beast in a powered armour war.

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »
I'm going to add wildlife to my infranite army: Heresy Miniatures' "Hellhounds".

Yeah, they look much like the beastie in Dave McKays throne pic... coolness! I happened to notice there were 'Hellbeasts' in there that re the critters from Ghostbusters... also awesome. And somehow I picture those 'Hellmites' being on Infranite worlds too - feeding on rocks or something, lol!

I am sensing a thread here... first the Terminator/Nightmare image, then the Samoan/Fantasian, and now the Hellhound/Infranite doggie... Dave, you shameless rip-off artist!!!!! I held you up in such esteem, and now I am crushed!!!!  [LOL - Totally joking, of course!!!]
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:45 AM »
Yeah he ripped off Heresy from fifteen years into the future, that bastard.

I couldn't paste because my PC is suffering terminal illness of some sort.

So i borrowed my wife's laptop, which doesn't have working spellcheck. Sorry fofr teh horible spellingg.

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
:)  ok, as long as it's not an issue with the website. BTW: The forum has a spellcheck option built in. :)

Offline Katharsis

• Nightmare
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
Very nice, guys! lol
I have seen many things since i started freelancing so many years ago... I roughly started in 1988/89. There have been many artists and companies that have either been inspired by, or totally ripped off another artist/company! I put out some art in the early '90s that showed up almost line for line in a comic book... the company i did the work for was pissed to say the least! I, however, was incredibly flattered.
I've been to quite a few conventions (like GenCon) where other artists have complimented my art and said that it had inspired them - and, just so i'm not tooting my own horn - i've overheard others say the same of both Tom and Wes as well.
Oddly enough, you don't hear of too many writers of games complaining that they got ripped off! (unless they're from GW!)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
One gaming blogger was salivating at the idea of an open gaming system based on LOS, saying it would be just so "anti-GW".

Offline Vok Ytalinov

• Nightmare
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
  The Infranite language I used was actually a series of pictograms representing phonetic sounds, many of which had English correspondents.  It was called Omishkago(?) Cree.  I just subbed these characters in for the English, similar to Fantasian pseudo Cyrillic/Glageolithic.  Dave and Marco made up the # system, so far as I remember.

Offline Katharsis

• Nightmare
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »
That's right, Tom! I still have most of the sketches still... it's nice to look over some of the thought processes and its also interesting to see some of the failed attempts or even the unused ones that are still good ideas!

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »
But will it be as popular as Klingon?  :-*

Offline rcbecker1

• Nightmare
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
I always thought the infranite language was more insectoid.