News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: It's Official  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
It's Official
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
I’ve checked out this site and had discussions with Kindred and we are pleased to announce that this forum is now the official web site for Legions of Steel and Planetstorm.

We have agreed that Kindred will remain the sole owner of the site and that any transfer of ownership will bind the new owners to the remainder of our agreement, below.

If, for whatever reason, this site folds, Kindred has agreed to give me a copy of all the files so that the forum can be reincarnated (reinwebnated?) elsewhere.

I am in favour of a “living tree” style of development of the game so I intend on posting copyrighted material here for discussion and personal download and use.  Additionally, if someone is citing chapter and verse to illustrate a point or generate discussion, then I am fine with that.  I will be updating the “Rules” of the forum to clarify this point.

However, the last item that Kindred and I agreed on is that he would remove any copyrighted material at any time on my request.

So check the forum Rules and the Media files later this weekend.

Happy Family Day for anyone living in Ontario.

Sincerely,

Clark Browning

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
Re: It's Official
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:18:18 PM »
Hoot, dahoot hoot. :)

Would it be possible that when you post official rules, that you could make them a sticky and locked in the Rules section.

I ask now because done the road we may (hoping) get pages of discussion there.
Secondly, locked after posting so that only you (Clark and Admin) can make changes, updates and allow the actual discussion to take place in seperate threads.

Thanks again Kindred for setting up this site and
Thanks again to Clark for working on bring back one of my favorite miniature games.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
My vision is to get people talking about the old rules and talking about new stuff.  I think that Rememberance Day of this year is just too weird to pass up for the release of LOS3e.

While this is now the Official LOS Site, no rules are official until 3e hit the presses or the web or whatever.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Should there perhaps be an official announcement on the yahoo group page to get some more members there to switch over? I may have missed it if you did, but I don't recall seeing anything there about it becoming official. I'm happy for the change, personally!

edit March 1st;
I hope no one minds, I took the liberty of posting a message on yahoo to invite any stragglers to come to this site. I don't think we've seen all the still active members over there make their way here yet, and the more the merrier, right?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:43:26 AM by grendeljd »
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »
Also just a note - it looks like the messages linked from the yahoo site aren't coming over here through the feed.

Clark, I replied to your last post there on Feb 18th, regarding the graveyard image we've discussed and I don't see that post here. At the risk of sounding like I'm stalking you [I really hope it doesn't seem like it], I'm still waiting to hear your feedback on the image. I had also sent you a PM through this site last week, maybe you haven't received that either.  Please let me know if you have seen my roughs, I'm still *very* enthusiastic about doing a good final version. If you have not seen the image yet, is it alright to post the rough sketch in the media section here?

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:56 PM »
they are... 
the import job only runs once every 6 hours though. Since the Yahoo feed is not that active, I don't want to stress the server.
(see, your post is there now)

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »
Oh ok. My reply to Clark's last post from a couple weeks ago still seems to have disappeared though. Oh well, no worries!

Offline Masherking

• Gremlin
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
WHOA!!!

I jus found out about this site today.
is it possible I might see a new addition of the
LOS/PLANETSTORM in my lifetime.
madness.

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
WHOA!!!

I jus found out about this site today.
is it possible I might see a new addition of the
LOS/PLANETSTORM in my lifetime.
madness.

You're not the only one excited, bub! LoL

Offline Walchynski

• Gremlin
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
OMG!!

Wow are you seriously planning on bringing out a 3rd ED??
That's great!!!
Maybe you recall me, names Thomas Honey.  I was there with you guys in the beta testing stages at GG and the first GenCon we went to, do you remember that??  LOL!
So glad to know your out there!
I fully support all of you, I'd like to help too if I can!
Take care and best of luck with this!

Offline KahulBane

• Gremlin
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
Wow,

I just did a Google search cuz I was going to put a game together in a week or so just for gigles...
Clark, again wow, I used to talk with you guys alot, I did the Cons in Florida... I had the Tree and scenics Company (Sentry Trees shrubs and scenics), You guys used us to put on games with your stuff and ours.

Good times. Real good times!

My minitures have seen better days =]

I was just on the Kickstarter web site, was thinking about the game, did the search to see if anyone had grabbed up the IP, but you guys are still around, very nice.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
I have mixed feelings about Kickstart given my education in business. It all seems like internet mendicancy (anyone who can cite Groo should do so here).  However, my associate with the iPad angle thinks it is the way to go. 

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:46 PM »
I have mixed feelings about Kickstart given my education in business. It all seems like internet mendicancy (anyone who can cite Groo should do so here).  However, my associate with the iPad angle thinks it is the way to go.
It's hard to argue with the success levels of the most organized & prepared Kickstarter campaigns. It's truly become a modern business paradigm for (unfortunately) niche markets like tabletop minis.

We've had lengthy discussions on here about it while you've been away.

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »
Free money is free money; and - as the saying goes - you can't aruge with success.
Let me put the blocks in place over the next 10 days.