rubber-police

News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: [Video Game] Extraction scenario  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
[Video Game] Extraction scenario
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »
Hi all.
I have posted on our website a new scenario we will include in the digital adaptation. Right here: http://studio-nyx.com/en/games/los/new-scenario-extraction

1. Do you guys have a specific section on the website to post the custom-made scenarios?

2. If you have only 1 set of board sections, you will not be able to complete the map. Here at the studio we build the maps on a large white board, then we draw the missing tiles directly on the board :)

3. We believe the scenario is already quite balanced, and are still play-testing it (especially for doors locations). If any of you ever test it, your feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Offline mongol

• Nightmare
Re: [Video Game] Extraction scenario
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:10:33 PM »
Does it need to have 11 G1 Nightmares?

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
We've play-tested it with 11 right from the start and it felt right all the way. We haven't tried other models using the UPV system as we are focusing on Nightmares+Fiend at the moment. Please share with us if you do.

Offline mongol

• Nightmare
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »
The black box came with only 10 nightmares and the blue box only has 4. Therefore, I am curious to why having 11 to start.

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 07:07:21 PM »
We did not create the scenario according to the number of models in the box, but it is true we are used to the Nightmares+Fiend routine. There is no rationale to the 11th Nightmare. We started playing that way and it worked well.

One of our testers likes to place 1 nightmare in the closest room to the elevator. It usually get killed on the very first turn, but can be annoying if the commandos roll badly. I play more conservatively.

I scored a win on this scenario today with the commandos., but my partner had 1 50% roll to win the game, and rolled poorly.
We are still testing various initial doors setups.

I am also thinking about reducing the time limit to 8-10 turns.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:21:01 PM »
1. Do you guys have a specific section on the website to post the custom-made scenarios?

Have a look here, Romain;

http://los.turtleshellprod.co m/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=10

There are a few in there, two of which I wrote ;)
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich