News: Clark has announced that he has started to post old LoS content (in the Media Gallery section), and will be posting more plus new content!

Author Topic: Pricing a resin BAP or Behemoth  (Read 1290 times)

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Pricing a resin BAP or Behemoth
« on: March 30, 2014, 05:01:01 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome-heavy-metal-combat/posts/785367

Here's some cool litle guys, 3D modelled, printed, to be contract cast in resin by Iron Wind Metals (the guys who cast Battletech, VOR, and other once-FASA licenses). The Kickstarter price is $20, so from other things he's said, he's looking to retail around $25 to $30 for a 28mm scale "light mech". There's a scale picture at the link.

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
Re: Pricing a resin BAP or Behemoth
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:16 AM »
Those look interesting. His line is 15 MM but the 28mm version is pretty cool. It lacks the sleek design of the Behemoths but I like the size and bulk.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: Pricing a resin BAP or Behemoth
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:09:43 AM »
Well in the official fiction, the UNE bought a number of BAPs, which turned out to be popular with pilots due to the roomy interior (and presumably the obscene firepower). These guys look to me like an Earth military contractor either subcontracting to Infranite tribal interests for a cheaper, mass-produced BAP, or licensing BAP tech to produce a Behemoth ASP replacement better suited to long stints "in the saddle", longer operations in non-hostile environments where the ASP would get claustrophobic, and the like.

And yeah, I'm buying some in 28mm if he funds, because I want a light mech in-between the Behemoth and the Superfortress for my UNE-in-DefianceVG army.