Author Topic: Global Games?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Global Games?
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
So with all the chat surfacing around here about when & why Global Games went under, the thought occurred to me; when LoS3e comes out, what company identity will it have? Clark, do you have the rights/means/intent to release it under the Global Games flag this time, or is it to be considered somehow independant? Perhaps you are going to start it up under a new company name? Just curious...
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Clark

• Overlord
Re: Global Games?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »
It's just little ol' me as a sole proprietor. I might come up with a name to register, but I had not really thought about it.

Sort of similar to what happened with SFB
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:03:19 PM by Clark »

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »
We all need to brainstorm something cool for a new company name, if GG is unavailable. Is it a complicated legal issue to bring that name back?
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:07:23 AM »
My understanding is that GG is in limbo so the name is taken although the company is not operating.  Personally, I never really liked the name but the company was set up before I really had a say in things.

Until I incorporate, I'd rather have the property (ie. Legions of Steel) be front and centre.  I have a few other games in various stages of development that might see the light of day but that is me.  At the point where there are multiple designers, staff and such then it makes philosophical sense to incorporate with some sort of cool name that hints at the corporate philosophy.

In the meantime, it is just me.  Online I have gone by the handle of "66Scorpio", "Blawblaw" and "Eleemercenary" (in order of chronolgy and frequency of use).