Author Topic: LoS digital - Initiative screen mockup  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
LoS digital - Initiative screen mockup
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »
Hi guys,
I hope everybody is doing well.
The development of LoS is making good progress. It is very exciting for us to the the game taking shape.
I wanted to submit the initiative screen mockup to you guys. Do you think it is a good idea to actually show the dice this way? Given the setting the dice will not be “rolling”, they will rather change faces like digital clocks. But we debated several time on the question. Shall we show dice, or use another way to point out the Initiative mechanism?
This screen appears after the Commando player chose to spend (or not) Leadership points. This is what the loser sees. The winner will see the faction logos lighting up and getting closer to the dice, and he is invited to select the starting faction for the turn.

Comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
Re: LoS digital - Initiative screen mockup
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
Yes, I think making the initiative transparent like this is the way to go, especially if there is a slot machine / rolling dice mechanism to show the probabilities playing out. It makes the whole thing transparent so people know why they've been given or denied the choice. Without this, showing how and why it has happened, people could easily feel it was arbitrary and stupid; now they can see and feel a sense of winning or losing the roll.

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
Re: LoS digital - Initiative screen mockup
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
Great, thanks for the comment.