rubber-police

Author Topic: Legions of Steel: The Video Game. iOS/Android AND PC. Now on Kickstarter  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
Hi everybody, I am glad to announce our Kickstarter project is live, right here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyxsquad/legions-of-steel-the-video-game

The big change with what I told you 2 months ago is the addition of the PC platform. Originally we were going to do mobile platforms only, and propose the PC version later as a new Kickstarter. We were unsure about the online service we would use for multiplayer support, and its associated costs. It was also out of the question to propose a single-player only experience on PC, while the mobiles would be multiplayer.
The turning point was our encounter with Nuggeta, a French company providing online game services. Their speciality is multi asynchronous online play, and we meticulously cleared with them all the questions and issues that were holding us back. We are committed to delivering a PC version as complete and solid as its mobile sisters.

We will go through the Steam Greenlight process once we have a playable version of Legions of Steel.

Of course you can help us by backing the project, and also by spreading the word as we need to reach out to people beyond the original LOS community to collect the £25,000.

Please get in touch with us via social network pages, the Kickstarter page or this forum if you have any question. 

Thanks a lot for your help and support.

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
Re: Legions of Steel: The Video Game. iOS/Android AND PC. Now on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 12:36:39 PM »
Romain,

What other outlets are you looking at for the announcement?

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »
We contacted journalists, bloggers and forum communities. Mainly English and French speaking sites. Do you have any suggestion?

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
What about miniatures forums? Places that traditionally do the table top games and would support a LoS game

Offline mongol

• Nightmare
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
What about miniatures forums? Places that traditionally do the table top games and would support a LoS game

The problem is that this is not a return of the physical game.

Offline Dave Chase

• Succubot
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
That is not a problem with gamers, who love many different ways to play games.

Since this game is based on a real and successful board game, it would be acceptable to mention it on board game/war games sites.

Dave Chase
Freedom is the right to speak your mind.

It is also the right to walk away from those you don't want to listen to.

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »
As soon as I get a chance I will create a new item entry on VideoGameGeek (sister site to BoardGameGeek), along with an accompanying announcement in the forums on the boardgame side.
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Kindred

• Overlord
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Turtle Shell Productions
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:17 AM »
I plan to pledge but have not done so yet...  haven't decided what level to come in at...

Offline bobloblah

• Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
Very cool new video up on the Kickstarter page!
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 03:48:10 AM »
Romain, I would hit up some of the following pages.

Dakka Dakka - they have a Warhammer 40K following but there are other games on that site.
EN World - Miscellaneous Forum

Talk to mods for appropriate forum

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Okay, I haven't pledged yet but I've been watching the page avidly - and I wanted to share a few ideas/observations.

First of all, it looks pretty solid, clean & organized overall - and I really like the newer demo video you posted with actual gameplay screens showing how movement works. I already want to play with it after seeing that. I hope you will continue to add updated videos as you add to the game. I think people will want to see how some of the command & fire actions play out. I know I do!

I noticed it says 'not connected to facebook'. I'm wondering if that should be addressed, just to reach more people? Linked KS updates to both your NYX Facebook page & also the existing LoS FB page will get pledgers attracted to the FB pages, and vice-versa.

For the exclusive KS Tournament, I think that should get more attention in the main body, like perhaps its own heading for extra emphasis as a reward. I'm not really sure about the details of it based on what is written - I don't understand how it will work, and if most people think that when they see it, they probably won't go for that pledge level. Just a thought.

From going over the existing pledges, they seem well thought out as far as cumulative rewards go, but perhaps more customization [ie the 'add-ons' function] would add to the appeal for people who may only specifically want certain things without pledging for everything?

Speaking of add-on content, is it possible to hint somewhere on there about future expansions, talk about what else you will do with the game? If people unfamiliar with LoS stumble across it, they may like it based on what you've done so far, but they won't know there are so many other cool units from the original game. If you plan on including any other unit types in the future, I think it would be smart to advertise that now to entice people to invest. I imagine its not possible to work in new units as stretch goals for this current campaign?

I do think the rewards are pretty cool so far - whatever I end up pledging, I'm going to make sure I get the game, the limited edition rulebook [in print], the artbook, the soundtrack [the music sounds great so far] & the Sergeant Browning figure too :)
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
Hello everybody,
The Kickstarter campaign has ended yesterday. For those who have not pledged and therefore have not received the campaign’s end message, you can find it here on our website. It explains what is the plan for the video game despite the fact we did not get the funding.
The whole team wants to warmly thank you for the support you brought throughout the 30 days!

I also wanted to leave here the link to the newest gameplay video we uploaded last week, in case you haven’t seen it yet. It shows more of our UI. And it is already outdated as we changed some element :p
Feedbacks are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you grendeljd for the feedback above. We received a lot of feedbacks and analysis, have to consolidate all that in 1 doc.

Best regards

Offline bobloblah

• Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that the Kickstarter didn't meet it's funding goal.
 :'(
I have seen other Kickstarters that have a couple attempts before being successful. It's quite possible that re-launching the Kickstarter again later with a slightly more complete game would make a world of difference, so I wouldn't totally give up on crowdfunding for now.
Best Regards,
Bobloblah

Offline Romain

• Nightmare
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »
Absolutely. I was discussing the relaunch of a crodfunding campaign a few days ago with Clark. We'll see when is the best time to launch it in early 2014. Cheers.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 08:31:22 AM »
Ah, bad luck guys!