rubber-police

Author Topic: LoS video game  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Clark

• Overlord
Re: LoS video game
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 06:16:16 AM »
My discussions with the ringleader of these programmers is that they are not looking to do a 3/4 perspective with complex animations.  What is being discussed is the illogical, but intuitive, top-down/side-view approach.

Offline YojimboUsaka

• Nightmare
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 10:19:47 PM »
I would buy this twice if it was just a striaght port of the minatures rules.  Turn based, fire options, alien races...(leadership gets a little fuzzy though).  I would buy it 5 times (no kidding) if it was able to do multiplayer (co-op and head to head).  Up to 4 people all playing at the same time!!!

Forzen Synapse does a nice implementation of real time/turn based/simultaneous actions.  Worth a look for some good ideas.  Really love how they do rockets and grenades.  WTF Is... - Frozen Synapse ? ro the website http://www.frozensynapse.com/.

Being able to do a muliplayer game where you can send your turns in by e-mail/server would be awesome on a stick.

Very excited about this and know several people that will be as well.

Yoj

Offline Clark

• Overlord
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 03:08:16 AM »
The aim is to make it play-and-pass in multiplayer mode.  We are brainstorming how to handle covering and leadership without all the interrupts.  Single player will start with you playing the Humans while the computer controls the Machines.  That way the AI doesn't have to worry about using leadership (only defending against it).  As the Machines move there will be a slight pause so that you can interrupt to take cover fire or use leadership.

There will be a bit of streamlining to make it more accessible to non-wargamers.  They are still in the process of trying to play the game and suss out the rules.  I have some feedback from them that I will look at and reply to this afternoon.

As for an RTS, I suppose it could be something like Dawn of War if there was the whole build, upgrade, expand thrust to it.  However, if given the choice I would move away from that and do something different, for obvious reasons.

Offline grendeljd

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
Wow, that Frozen Synapse looks incredible! I love the simple graphics of it, the raised 3d perspective is just enough... I can already visualize it with more appropriate LoS colour schemes and units. The complexity of options for the order chains & running sims before committing to the turn are great ideas, as well as being able to destroy terrain & the option of  watching any other players played out games... 

Perhaps leadership could be incorporated into a game like this as an increase to the weapon % chance to hit for firing, or extra range for movement. I can't see it being too choppy to have any remaining leadership used as an interrupt once you ran a planned turn out like in this game...

Any updates on the LoS game?
I hate people generally, but I like them specifically - John Malkovich

Offline Scoutzout

• Succubot
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
FS is nice - I will go buy it now lol

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
I just got 'Judge Dredd vs. Zombies' for my iphone this week - its very silly but a fun game & some level designs would look good in an LoS game...

The game is free for a limited time as far as I know, so anyone interested should check it out soon. Free = good!

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 11:24:22 PM »
Any latest updates on the status of the game/app development? I'm also wondering if the new concept art will be used for it?

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »
Hey all,

Just a quick update here - an iPad/iPhone game app is still currently being developed for LoS, no word on when it may come to pass yet. Clark's connection he made while in China has returned to France & has a studio working on the project.

Offline smokingwreckage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:14 AM »
AWESOME.

I'll buy it sight unseen.

Offline grendeljd

• Mk III Assault Fiend
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
Keep your eyes peeled for potential announcements on this soon, everyone. I can't say anything more than that. ;)

Offline bobloblah

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Mk III Assault Fiend
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
You big tease!
Best Regards,
Bobloblah